Children love and want to
Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
– Erik Erikson
- Healthy children will not fear life if their elders have integrity enough not to fear death. – Erik Erikson Dr.
- The only thing that can save us as a species is seeing how we’re not thinking about future generations in the way we live. – Erik Erikson
- I saw as a teacher how, if you take that spark of learning that those children have, and you ignite it, you can take a child from any background to a lifetime of creativity and accomplishment. – Paul Wellstone
- Babies control and bring up their families as much as they are controlled by them; in fact … the family brings up baby by being brought up by him. – Erik H. Erikson
- Man’s true taproots are nourished in the sequence of generations, and he loses his taproots in disrupted developmental time, not in abandoned localities. – Erik Erikson
- The first symptom of love in a young man is shyness; the first symptom in a woman, it’s boldness. – Victor Hugo
- But, indeed, we prefer books to pounds; and we love manuscripts better than florins; and we prefer small pamphlets to war horses. – Isaac D’Israeli
- “When I was a child I truly loved: Unthinking love as calm and deep As the North Sea. But I have lived, And now I do not sleep.” – John Gardner
- On the whole, I prefer Christmas as an adult than I did as a child. – Nigella Lawson
- I’ve always loved Christmas and that’s not really gone away from me from being a child to now. It’s always a magical time and I’m unashamed in my love for Christmas. – Martin Freeman