If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.
– St. Clement of Alexandra
- I hope someday you’ll find all my quotes, all my words, and read them all. I hope you’ll know that they’re about you.
- Every mother hopes that her daughter will marry a better man than she did, and is convinced that her son will never find a wife as good as his father did. – Martin Andersen-Nexö
- I steer my bark with hope in the head, leaving fear astern. My hopes indeed sometimes fail, but not oftener than the forebodings of the gloomy. – Thomas Jefferson
- Perfection is what American women expect to find in their husbands… but English women only hope to find in their butlers. – W. Somerset Maugham
- I’m a romantic; a sentimental person thinks things will last, a romantic person hopes against hope that they won’t. – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “After some time he felt for his pipe. It was not broken, and that was something. Then he felt for his pouch, and there was some tobacco in it, and that was something more. Then he felt for matches and he could not find any at all, and that shattered his hopes completely.” – J.R.R.
- I just broke up with someone and the last thing she said to me was “You’ll never find anyone like me again!” I’m thinking, “I should hope not! If I don’t want you, why would I want someone like you – Anonymous
- Superficial social niceties are far different from the deep emotion of thanksgiving. – Alexandra Katehakis
- The ultimate test of a relationship is to disagree but to hold hands. – Alexandra Penney
- Being a mother and grandmother is the best of the best in my life. My grandchildren multiply the joy my daughters bring me. – Alexandra Stoddard