It is the eye of ignorance that assigns a fixed and unchangeable color to every object; beware of this stumbling block.
– Paul Gauguin
- “Self-pity becomes a stumbling block when we get so narrowly focused upon our problems. We forget we are a part of a whole throng of fellow pilgrims on this path. It helps to notice others beside ourselves who are seeking courage to live their lives.
- Life being what it is, one dreams of revenge. – Paul Gauguin
- Civilization is what makes you sick. – Paul Gauguin
- Life is hardly more than a fraction of a second. Such a little time to prepare oneself for eternity! – Paul Gauguin
- There is no writer’s block in a newsroom. There’s only unemployment block. – Carl Hiaasen
- Color is the place where our brain and the universe meet. – Paul Klee
- The color of springtime is in the flowers, the color of winter is in the imagination. – Ward Elliot Hour
- The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe that you might block every shot. – Bill Russell
- Not ignorance, but ignorance of ignorance is the death of knowledge. – Alfred North
- Change the changeable, accept the unchangeable, and remove yourself from the unacceptable. – Denis Waitley