As peace is the end of war, so to be idle is the ultimate purpose of the busy.
– Samuel Johnson
- Gloomy calm of idle vacancy. – Samuel Johnson
- Life is not long, and too much of it must not pass in idle deliberation how it shall be spent. – Samuel Johnson
- The really idle man gets nowhere; the perpetually busy man does not get much further. – H. Ogilvie
- He that is busy is tempted by but one devil; he that is idle, by a legion. – Thomas Fuller
- Love is the business of the idle, but the idleness of the busy. – Edward G. Bulwer Lytton
- How various his employments whom the world Calls idle; and who justly in return Esteems that busy world an idler too! – William Cowper
- All animals except man know that the ultimate of life is to enjoy it. – Samuel Butler
- Realize that ultimate success comes from opportunistic, bold move which by definition, cannot be planned. – Ross Johnson
- A technician is a man who understands everything about his job except its ultimate purpose and its place in the order of the universe. – Sir Richard Livingston
- A man may be so much of everything that he is nothing of anything. – Samuel Johnson
Comments are closed.