Of all our faults, the one that we excuse most easily is idleness.
– La Rochefoucauld
- “If we had no faults we should not take so much pleasure in noting those of others.” – François de La Rochefoucauld
- If we had no faults of our own, we would not take so much pleasure in noticing those of others. – François Rochefoucauld
- Research ! A mere excuse for idleness; it has never achieved, and will never achieve any results of the slightest value. – Benjamin Jowett
- All the passions make us commit faults; love makes us commit the most ridiculous ones. – François Rochefoucauld
- “ Criticism is the disapproval of people, not for having faults, but having faults different from your own.”
- Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. – Floyd Dell
- Think of your faults the first part of the night when you are awake, and the faults of others the latter part of the night when you are asleep. – Chinese Proverb
- Men only have two faults, everything they say and everything they do.
- The winner has always a plan but the loser has always an excuse.
- Every life is its own excuse for being. – Elbert Hubbard