A nation rushing hastily too and fro, busily employed in idleness.
- Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. – Floyd Dell
- Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet. – Phaedrus
- Thou hast added insult to injury. – Phaedrus
- Life is made up of constant calls to action, and we seldom have time for more than hastily contrived answers. – Anonymous
- Slowly eliminate commitments. We’re over committed, which is why we’re rushing around so much.
- One’s action ought to come out of an achieved stillness: not to be a mere rushing on. – D.H. Lawrence
- Life is like a rushing river. If we fight the current we are drawn under and drown in emotion. – Ambika Devi
- We’re busily wrecking the chances for future generations at a rapid rate of knots by not recognizing the damage we’re doing to the natural environment, bearing in mind that this is the only planet that we know has any life on it. – Prince Charles
- If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. – Ronald Reagan
- No nation is fit to set in judgment upon any other nation. – Woodrow Wilson