Hope is itself a species of happiness and perhaps the chief happiness which this world affords.
– Samuel Johnson
- That kind of life is most happy which affords us most opportunities of gaining our own self-esteem. – Samuel Johnson
- Grief is a species of idleness. – Samuel Johnson
- The natural flights of the human mind are not from pleasure to pleasure but from hope to hope. – Samuel Johnson
- Marriage is the triumph of hope over experience. – Samuel Johnson
- In all pleasure hope is a considerable part. – Samuel Johnson
- Classical quotation is the parole of literary men all over the world. – Samuel Johnson
- The search for happiness is one of the chief sources of unhappiness. – Eric Hoffer
- A man may be so much of everything that he is nothing of anything. – Samuel Johnson
- Hope and Happiness Hope is grief’s best music. – Anonymous
- All men were made by the Great Spirit Chief. They are all brothers. – Chief Joseph
Comments are closed.