So much sadness exists in the world that we are all under obligation to contribute as much joy as lies within our powers.
– John Sutherland Bonnell
- Truth exists. Only lies are invented. – Georges Braque
- I’m no expert. I have no psychic powers, and I sure don’t possess any secret wisdom. I’m just Janet. I have strengths, weaknesses, fears, happiness, sadness. I experience joy and I experience pain. I’m highly emotional. I’m very vulnerable. – Janet Jackson
- I believe that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession, a duty. – John D. Rockefeller
- I believe that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession, a duty. – John D. Rockefeller, Jr.
- Every right implies a responsibility. Every opportunity, an obligation. Every possession, a duty. – John D Rockefeller
- Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be. – Sydney J. Harris
- The full use of your powers along lines of excellence. – John F. Kennedy
- It is every man’s obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. – Albert Einstein
- A good word is an easy obligation; but not to speak ill, requires only our silence, which costs nothing. – John Tillotson
- As the Olympic torch neared Lake Placid, N.Y., in 1980, signaling the opening of that year’s Winter Olympics, newspapers and magazines throughout the world offered predictions on who would win medals in the major sports. Not a single publication gave the American men’s hockey team a chance against the world powers. – Don Yaeger