Whenever it is possible, a boy should choose some occupation which he should do even if he did not need the money.
– William Lyon Phelps
- The highest happiness on earth is marriage. – William Lyon Phelps
- Those who decide to use leisure as a means of mental development, who love good music, good books, good pictures, good plays, good company, good conversation – what are they? They are the happiest people in the world. – William Lyon Phelps
- One of the secrets of life is to keep our intellectual curiosity acute. – William Lyon
- The promises of yesterday are the taxes of today. – William Lyon MacKenzie
- This is the final test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible service to him. – William Lyon
- For the vast majority of those who are obese – those with a Body Mass Index over 30 – their size is their choice. They choose to take in more calories than they burn. They choose to take in high fat calories over low-fat ones. They choose to fad diet, if they choose to diet
- I went to Iraq because I wanted to see what one year of occupation had done to Iraqi society, and I went to the West Bank and Gaza Strip because I wanted to see what three generations of occupation had done to Palestinian society. I found a lot more hopelessness and despair in Palestine. – Michael
- Absence of occupation is not rest, A mind quite vacant is a mind distress’d. – William Cowper
- While money can’t buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery. – Anonymous
- I’m tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok. – Shaquille O’Neal
Comments are closed.