Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius.
– Fulton J. Sheen
- “Sometimes the only way the good Lord can get into some hearts is to break them.” – Fulton Sheen
- Love is a mutual self giving which ends in self recovery. – Fulton J. Sheen
- The proud man counts his newspaper clippings, the humble man his blessings. – Fulton J. Sheen
- The only way to win audiences is to tell people about the life and death of Christ. Every other approach is a waste. – Fulton J. Sheen
- Pride is an admission of weakness; it secretly fears all competition and dreads all rivals. – Fulton J. Sheen
- “Once you have surrendered yourself, you make yourself receptive. In receiving from God, you are perfected and completed.” – Fulton J. Sheen, Seven Words of Jesus and Mary: Lessons from Cana and Calvary
- “Criticism of others is thus an oblique form of self-commendation. We think we make the picture hang straight on our wall by telling our neighbors that all his pictures are crooked.” – Fulton J. Sheen
- In the republic of mediocrity genius is dangerous. – Robert G. Ingersoll
- In the republic of mediocrity, genius is dangerous. – Robert Green Ingersoll
- Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius. – Arthur Conan Doyle, sr.