There is a mysterious cycle
There is a mysterious cycle in human events. To some generations much is given. Of other generations much is expected. This generation of Americans has a rendezvous with destiny.
– Franklin D. Roosevelt
- It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach. – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- One thing that was passed on from generation to generation in my family, over seven generations in 200 years, was never give up. That’s the way we live. – Nik Wallenda
- It took us a long time to find out that we had been lied to by our parents’ generation. The moralities that were followed during our parents’ generation were basically arbitrary. This caused a rift between the two generations, which was brought on by the beatniks. – Peter Fonda
- We forget that the water cycle and the life cycle are one. – Jacques Cousteau
- If Christianity is pessimistic as to man, it is optimistic as to human destiny. Well, I can say that, pessimistic as to human destiny, I am optimistic as to man. – Albert Camus
- Hail, wedded love, mysterious law; true source of human happiness. – Milton
- How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.
- “All the possibilities of your human destiny are asleep in your soul. You are here to realize and honor these possibilities. When love comes in to your life, unrecognized dimensions of your destiny awaken and blossom and grow. Possibility is the secret heart of time.” – John O’Donohue
- I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made. – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- When you get to the end of your rope. Tie a knot and hang on. – Franklin D. Roosevelt