The only thing that can
The only thing that can save us as a species is seeing how we’re not thinking about future generations in the way we live.
– Erik Erikson
- Man’s true taproots are nourished in the sequence of generations, and he loses his taproots in disrupted developmental time, not in abandoned localities. – Erik Erikson
- Babies control and bring up their families as much as they are controlled by them; in fact … the family brings up baby by being brought up by him. – Erik H. Erikson
- Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom. – Erik Erikson
- Healthy children will not fear life if their elders have integrity enough not to fear death. – Erik Erikson Dr.
- We all have a responsibility to protect endangered species, both for their sake and for the sake of our own future generations. – Loretta Lynch
- We have a moral responsibility to save wild places like the arctic refuge for future generations, and that is why our country has remained committed to its protection for nearly 50 years. – Lois Capps
- Several times in Earth’s history, rapid global warming occurred, apparently spurred by amplifying feedbacks. In each case, more than half of plant and animal species became extinct. New species came into being over tens and hundreds of thousands of years. But these are time scales and generations that we cannot imagine. – James Hansen
- We live in a disposable society. We throw so much away. But it doesn’t come from nowhere. It comes from the planet and it comes from future generations’ lives. – Julia Butterfly Hill
- I plant a lot of trees. I am a great believer in planting things for future generations. I loathe the now culture where you just live for today. – Penelope Keith
- It is up to us to live up to the legacy that was left for us, and to leave a legacy that is worthy of our children and of future generations. – Christine Gregoire