Take thy plastic spade, It is thy pencil; take thy seeds, thy plants, They are thy colours.
– William Mason
- One of the healthiest ways to gamble is with a spade and a package of garden seeds. – Anonymous
- One of the healthiest ways to gamble is with a spade and a package of garden seeds. – Dan Bennett
- Animals are something invented by plants to move seeds around. An extremely yang solution to a peculiar problem which they faced. – Terence McKenna
- The difference is that for a soundly conceived and solidly endowed republic it takes a great deal longer for those seeds to germinate and the plants to grow. – Robert W. Welch, Jr.
- Ramp up my genius, be not retrograde; But boldly nominate a spade a spade. – Ben Jonson
- Not a flower But shows some touch, in freckle, streak or stain, Of his unrivall’d pencil. – William Cowper
- If you can look into the seeds of time and say, which grain will grow, and which will not, speak then to me. – William Shakespeare
- I never thought that I would become a staple in the Australian cultural diet. The equivalent of bread or milk, or a fine old Tasmanian Mauve Vein. I think it’s because I talk about things that people dare not mention. I don’t mean raunchy things or unsavoury things. I call a spade a spade –
- He who plants a tree Plants a hope. – Lucy Larcom
- He who plants a tree, plants a hope. – Lucy Larcom