Read it with sorrow and
“Read it with sorrow and you will feel hate.
Read it with anger and you will feel vengeful.
Read it with paranoia and you will feel confusion.
Read it with empathy and you will feel compassion.
Read it with love and you will feel flattery.
Read it with hope and you will feel positive.
Read it with humor and you will feel joy.
Read it with God and you will feel the truth.
Read it without bias and you will feel peace.
Don’t read it at all and you will not feel a thing.”
– Shannon L. Alder
- There is a battle of two wolves inside us. One is evil. It is anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, lies, inferiority and ego. The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope humility, kindness, empathy and truth. The wolf that wins is the one you feed. – Cherokee Proverb
- “I love you. I hate you. I like you. I hate you. I love you. I think you’re stupid. I think you’re a loser. I think you’re wonderful. I want to be with you. I don’t want to be with you. I would never date you. I hate you. I love you…..I think the madness
- “Betrayal is an ironic thing. He or she betrays you then you betray yourself. You think you’re showing strength with your anger, but in reality you’re showing how much you still care.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “Anger, resentment and jealousy doesn’t change the heart of others– it only changes yours.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “hey. I just wanted to make sure you got home,” I say. “Katniss, I live three houses away from you,” he says.” ? Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire tags: catching, fire, funny, games, hunger 126 likes Like Shannon L. Alder “A coward talks to everyone but YOU.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “Accomplishments don’t erase shame, hatred, cruelty, silence, ignorance, discrimination, low self-esteem or immorality. It covers it up, with a creative version of pride and ego. Only restitution, forgiving yourself and others, compassion, repentance and living with dignity will ever erase the past.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn’t being said. The art of reading between the lines is a life long quest of the wise.” – Shannon L. Alder
- Anger and humor are like the left and right arm. They complement each other. Anger empowers the poor to declare their uncompromising opposition to oppression, and humor prevents them from being consumed by their fury. – James H. Cone
- “Often romantic relationships fail because you are trying to get someone to fall in love with the YOU that you never discovered.” – Shannon L. Alder
- I don’t know how many sacred cows there are today. I think there’s a little confusion between humor and gross passing for humor. That’s kind of regrettable. – Bob Newhart