At middle age the soul should be opening up like a rose, not closing up like a cabbage.
- At middle age the soul should be opening up like a rose, not closing up like a cabbage. – Anonymous
- Never look at the doors closing behind you or you’ll miss the ones opening ahead.
- It is only by closing the ears of the soul, or by listening too intently to the clamors of the sense, that we become oblivious of their utterances. – Alexander Crummell
- Each flower is a soul opening out to nature. – Gérard de Nerval
- “Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts.” – Janice Maeditere
- A birthday: and now a day that rose With much of hope, with meaning rife A thoughtful day from dawn to close:The middle day of human life. – Jean Ingelow
- Cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education. – Anonymous
- Sometimes the best vacation is simply closing your eyes for several minutes and recalling wonderful memories. – Anonymous
- Merely having an open mind is nothing. The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid. – G. K. Chesterton
- The soul needs beauty for a soul mate. When the soul wants…the soul waits. – Anonymous