I was hooked on writing. I mean, where else can you get paid for sticking your nose into somebody else’s business?
– Bette Greene
- Hey, I found your nose. It was in my business again.
- There were years when I was a beer and tequila guy, then I got real fat. And then I found that you could actually go on a diet and drink scotch. Then I got hooked on scotch, and if you get hooked on scotch, then everything else just tastes wrong. – Ron White
- “Actually, writers have no business writing about their own works. They either wax conceited, saying things like: ‘My brilliance is possibly most apparent in my dazzling short story, “The Cookiepants Hypotenuse.”‘ Or else they get unbearably cutesy: ‘My cat Ootsywootums has given me all my best ideas, hasn’t oo, squeezums?” – Connie Willis
- In the business world,everyone is paid in two coins:cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later. – Harold Geneen
- The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog! – Bill Watterson
- You have to keep writing. It’s almost like practice, almost like tennis, that actually after a few days of not writing, first of all it makes you slightly depressed and uneasy, but it also affects the style when you start up again. You need to get the show on the road. – Colm Toibin
- For a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin – real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time to still be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me
- Everybody’s business is nobody’s business, and nobody’s business is my business. – Clara Barton
- This one step – choosing a goal and sticking to it – changes everything. – Anonymous
- Tennis is an addiction that once it has truly hooked a man will not let him go. – Russell Lynes