We can train a monkey
We can train a monkey to fly a jet but we can’t train a man to be humble.
- You can train and train until you are blue in the face, but you’ve got to diet, you’ve got to have that leanness because if you are not lean, your abs won’t show. Of course, the training has to be put in, but then you’ve to shed all the fat and keep the fat off.
- The only way of catching a train I ever discovered is to miss the train before. – G.K. Chesterton
- “In a way, a certain amount of self-criticism is a good thing, because it keeps you humble. Realizing that no matter what success you’ve achieved, you can still make enemies makes you humble, too.” – Lynn Johnston
- The higher a monkey climbs, the more you see of his behind. – Gen. Joe Stillwell
- It is a lot better to come from an evolved monkey than from a fallen angel. – Marcellin Boule
- Democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage. – H. L. Mencken
- “Never love someone beneath your level of evolution. If you want a monkey, you can visit one at your local zoo.” – Shannon L. Alder
- If you don’t have this freedom of the press, then all these little fellows are weaseling around and doing their monkey business and they never get caught. – Harold R. Medina
- There is a difference between a fighter and a martial artist. A fighter is training for a purpose: He has a fight. I’m a martial artist. I don’t train for a fight. I train for myself. I’m training all the time. My goal is perfection. But I will never reach perfection. – Georges St-Pierre
- “Train up a child in the way which he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it”