However rare true love may be, it is less so than true friendship.
– La Rochefoucauld
- “True friendship is seen through the heart, not through the eyes. True friendship is not measured in days or decades. Real friendship is shown in time of troubles, prosperity is full of friends.”
- One can find women who have never had one love affair, but it is rare indeed to find any who have had only one. – François Rochefoucauld
- True love is like ghosts, which everybody talks about and few have seen. – La Rochefoucauld
- True love is like a ghost; everyone talks of it, few have seen it. – La Rochefoucauld
- True love is friendship set on fire.
- True friendship is self-love at secondhand. – William Hazlitt
- The rare few who early in life have rid themselves of the friendship of the many. – James Whistler
- Friendship without self-interest is one of the rare and beautiful things of life. – James F. Byrnes
- True friendship and love are the only things that last forever, even after the Energizer Bunny stops going. – Amy Davis
- Those who praise the True One are true; the True Name is their Support. They act truthfully, in love with the True Lord. The True King has written His Order, which no one can erase. – Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji