Nations grown corrupt Love bondage more than liberty; Bondage with ease than strenuous liberty.
– John Milton
- Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters. – Benjamin Franklin
- Liberty is the breath of life to nations. – George Bernard Shaw
- Liberty is the condition of duty, the guardian of conscience. It grows as conscience grows. The domains of both grow together. Liberty is safety from all hindrances, even sin. So that Liberty ends by being Free Will. – John Acton
- So dear I love him that with him all deaths I could endure, without him live no life. – John Milton
- Liberty without learning is always in peril and learning without liberty is always in vain. – John F. Kennedy
- It is not the fact of liberty but the way in which liberty is exercised that ultimately determines whether liberty itself survives. – Dorothy Thompson
- Bankrupt of life, yet prodigal of ease. – John Dryden
- The purpose of the United Nations should be to protect the essential sovereignty of nations, large and small. – Nikita Khrushchev
- Peace is not achieved by controlling nations, but mastering our thoughts. – John Harricharan
- Men of most renowned virtue have sometimes by transgressing most truly kept the law. – John Milton
Comments are closed.