I don’t like gourmet cooking or “this” cooking or “that” cooking. I like good cooking.
– James Beard
- If you are a chef, no matter how good a chef you are, it’s not good cooking for yourself; the joy is in cooking for others – it’s the same with music. – will.i.am
- Food is our common ground, a universal experience. — James Beard
- With cult foods, there is an underlying assumption that the best cooking ideas came generations ago. Yet culinary innovation is nothing to be ashamed of. When a chef tells me he is cooking with his grandmother’s recipe, I always wonder why. Did talent skip the past two generations? – Nathan Myhrvold
- If you’re cooking and not making mistakes, you’re not playing outside your safety zone. I don’t expect it all to be good. I have fat dogs because I scrap that stuff out the back door. – Guy Fieri
- Commitment is a big part of what I am and what I believe. How committed are you to winning? How committed are you to being a good friend? To being trustworthy? To being successful? How committed are you to being a good father, a good teammate, a good role model? There’s that moment every morning
- Behind every clever girl is a guy with a beard and glasses.
- When it gets dark enough, you can see the stars. – Charles A. Beard
- When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. – Charled A. Beard
- Seize the opportunity by the beard, for it is bald behind. – Bulgarian Proverb
- Fooey! The porchlight is burnt out, and I can’t see whether it’s dark outside or not. – Dave Beard