We have room in this country for but one flag, the Stars and Stripes.We have room for but one loyalty, loyalty to the United States.
– Theodore Roosevelt
- “In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But
- “I’d like to see a flag made not out of stars and stripes, but rather fingers and knuckles, so that it could really wave in the wind. It would be the most welcoming flag in all the world.” – Jarod Kintz
- The United States is the only country with a known birthday. – Anonymous
- The United States is the only country with a known birthday. – James G. Blaine
- Bill, The United States is not a company. It is a country. – Stewart Alsop
- “Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official, save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to
- In a country as big as the United States, you can find fifty examples of anything. – Jeffery F. Chamberlain
- My kind of loyalty was loyalty to one’s country, not to its institutions or its office holders. – Mark Twain
- What is the purpose of public service? It’s to solve problems for the people you represent and certainly in the United States Senate, thinking about your state and thinking about your country as well. – Olympia Snowe
- “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.” – Mark Twain
Comments are closed.