I was told that whistling wasn’t ladylike, but I knew even then that women were simply not supposed to be that happy.
- I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit. – Anonymous
- One woman told me that every time she wears Lanvin, men fall in love with her. Another told me she wore Lanvin to face her husband’s lawyer because she felt protected. If I can make men fall in love with women and if I can protect women, I think I can die peacefully. – Alber Elbaz
- Just because I didn’t do what you told me, doesn’t mean I wasn’t listening to you! — Hank Ketcham
- I don’t believe in societal restrictions. It wasn’t a choice – conformity simply never occurred to me. – Lady Starlight
- “I simply had to believe in a Spirit of the Universe, who knew neither time nor limitation.”
- I’m not supposed to love you. I’m not supposed to live my life wishing you were there. I’m not supposed to wonder where you are or what you do. I’m sorry I cant help myself because I’m in love with you.
- Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they’re supposed to help you discover who you are. – Bernice Johnson Reagon
- Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you; they’re supposed to help you discover who you are. – Bernice Johnson
- “I’m not supposed to miss you, I’m not supposed to care” – Debra Cox
- Instead of warning pregnant women not to drink, I think female alcoholics should be told not to fuck. – George Carlin