Father taught us that opportunity and responsibility go hand in hand. I think we all act on that principle; on the basic human impulse that makes a man want to make the best of what’s in him and what’s been given him.
– Laurence Rockefeller
- I believe that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession, a duty. – John D. Rockefeller
- I believe that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession, a duty. – John D. Rockefeller, Jr.
- Every right implies a responsibility. Every opportunity, an obligation. Every possession, a duty. – John D Rockefeller
- Father was the eldest son and the heir apparent, and he set the standard for being a Rockefeller very high, so every achievement was taken for granted and perfection was the norm. – David Rockefeller
- Responsibility walks hand in hand with capacity and power. – Josiah Gilbert Holland
- He who is taught to live upon little owes more to his father’s wisdom than he who has a great deal left him does to his father’s care. – William Penn
- “My father taught me that the only way you can make good at anything is to practice, and then practice some more.” – Pete Rose
- Everybody makes business mistakes. I mean, I take the responsibility, and I did. I was the captain of the ship and I took that responsibility. – Alan Bond
- I talk and talk and talk, and I haven’t taught people in fifty years what my father taught by example in one week. – Mario Cuomo
- Life is not a matter of place, things or comfort; rather, it concerns the basic human rights of family, country, justice and human dignity. – Imelda Marcos