Wisdom before experience is only words; wisdom after experience is of no avail.
– Mark van Doren
- The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery. – Mark Van Doren
- The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery. – Mark van Doren
- Respect for the truth is an acquired taste. – Mark Doren
- A lovely horse is always an experience…. It is an emotional experience of the kind that is spoiled by words. – Beryl Markham
- Our wisdom comes from our experience, and our experience comes from our foolishness. – Anonymous
- Wisdom comes from life experience; life experience is the result of repeatedly taking corrective action while courageously learning from mistakes. – Ken Poirot
- I’m no expert. I have no psychic powers, and I sure don’t possess any secret wisdom. I’m just Janet. I have strengths, weaknesses, fears, happiness, sadness. I experience joy and I experience pain. I’m highly emotional. I’m very vulnerable. – Janet Jackson
- Year’s end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us.
- It is costly wisdom that is bought by experience. – Anonymous
- Year’s end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us. – Hal Borland