Exercise is the yuppie version of bulimia.
– Barbara Ehrenreich
- Personally, I can’t see why it would be any less romantic to find a husband in a nice four-color catalogue than in the average downtown bar at happy hour. – Barbara Ehrenreich
- So why do people keep on watching? The answer, by now, should be perfectly obvious: we love television because television brings us a world in which television does not exist. In fact, deep in their hearts, this is what the spuds crave most: a rich, new, participatory life. – Barbara Ehrenreich
- Always be a first rate version of yourself, instead of a second rate version of somebody else. – Judy Garland
- Always be a first rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. – Judy Garland
- The most important factors for a long life, I think, are partly in the genes; number two is lifestyle, which includes healthy diet and regular exercise. I walk, run and swim every day. However, I think too much exercise is also unhealthy because of over-stress; sometimes people who exercise too many hours per day die
- Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. – Anonymous
- Walking:the most ancient exercise and still the best modern exercise. – Carrie Latet
- I get my exercise acting as pallbearer to my friends who exercise. – Chauncey Depew
- I came out for exercise, gentle exercise, and to notice the scenery and to botanise. – H.G. Wells
- Beauty is being the best possible version of yourself on the inside and out.