They never talk about themselves but listen to you while you talk about yourself, and keep up an appearance of being interested in the conversation.
– Jerome K. Jerome
- There is no such thing as a worthless conversation, provided you know what to listen for. And questions are the breath of life for a conversation. – James Nathan Miller
- When some one is least interested to listen ‘u’… its because dat person is least interested to tell u..
- If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that. – Anonymous
- When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen. — Ernest Hemingway
- To listen closely and reply well is the highest perfection we are able to attain in the art of conversation. — Francois Rochefoucauld
- Sometimes I wish that I was the weather, you’d bring me up in conversation forever. And when it rained, I’d be the talk of the day. – John Mayer
- “We have a choice. We have two options as human beings. We have a choice between conversation and war. That’s it. Conversation and violence. And faith is a conversation stopper.” – Sam Harris
- We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. – Diogenes
- No man would listen to you talk if he didn’t know it was his turn next. . – E.W. Howe
- No man would listen to you talk if he did not know that it was his turn next. – Edgar Watson Howe