I had one of my
I had one of my best years in 1991; I was 31. I made a renewed effort to work harder. I got better at my diet. I paid attention to how much sleep I got. I was always someone of routine. I became more strict.
– Cal Ripken, Jr.
- If you want your spouse to listen and pay strict attention to every word you say, talk in your sleep. – Anonymous
- By a few soft words and pleasant looks enemies have been made friends, and old attachments renewed that had been annulled for years. – NICIAS BALLARD COOKSEY
- Much in the way Olympic athletes optimize their game by paying an enormous – borderline maniacal – amount of attention to things like diet, exercise, sleep, and of course the essential R&R, we all would do well to pay more attention to those key aspects of our lives that comprise our overall health equation. – David
- These days I travel so much it’s hard to get into a routine. When I’m on the road, I tend to use hotel gyms. When I’m home in L.A., I like to hike and hit the surf. All in all, I try to keep a balanced diet and exercise routine, which has stood me in
- “It has taken me years of struggle, hard work, and research to learn to make one simple gesture, and I know enough about the art of writing to realize that it would take as many years of concentrated effort to write one simple, beautiful sentence.” – Isadora Duncan
- Far too many times over the next 12 to 15 years, it was brought to my attention that people who followed my exercise guidelines exactly but ignored their diet, their weight and their cigarette smoking had heart attacks at age 55. – Kenneth H. Cooper
- Like everyone, there are times when I just don’t feel like exercising. When that happens, I’m a bit more careful with my diet. But on days I really want a treat, like chocolate, I work out a little harder. I don’t believe in beating myself up for not being ‘good.’ – Judy Reyes
- My wife is a very attractive woman, and she’s always worried about her diet. But she doesn’t pay attention to me, and I don’t pay attention to her. She’s a vegetarian, and it drives me crazy. – Alan King
- At my heaviest, I was 5’8″ and 175 pounds. I ate well, but in too large quantities, and I rarely made a concerted effort to burn off the extra calories. I’d beat myself up about being overweight, even though I had the tools to be in shape. Then I’d resort to an unhealthy diet to
- The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender. – Vince Lombardi