I am in fact a
I am, in fact, a medical doctor; I am a world expert in mechanical heart technology; and I am an athletically fit man who takes care of his own health through diet and exercise, including frequent five mile runs.
– Robert Jarvik
- Perhaps one of the most important things you can do for human beings is wean them off an animal-based diet. It hardens the arteries and runs up our health-care costs. The last thing a poor person can afford is a heart attack or cancer or a stroke. And that’s all linked to a meat-based diet.
- The best doctors in the world are Doctor Diet, Doctor Quiet, and Doctor Merryman. – Jonathan Swift
- The medical literature tells us that the most effective ways to reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, and many more problems are through healthy diet and exercise. Our bodies have evolved to move, yet we now use the energy in oil instead of muscles to do our work. – David Suzuki
- I think we can see how blessed we are in America to have access to the kind of health care we do if we are insured, and even if uninsured, how there is a safety net. Now, as to the problem of how much health care costs and how we reform health care … it
- My doctor explained that exercise and diet changes might help and that I also might need a medication. – Della Reese
- A vegan diet takes care of most of what we need to do. But you’ll also want to minimize the use of oils generally, because while olive oil and other vegetable oils are better for your heart than chicken fat, they are as fattening as animal fats. – Neal Barnard
- For most women,including women who want to have children, contraception is not an option; it is a basic health care necessity. – Louise Slaughter
- As I mentioned previously, the tools that allow for optimum health are diet and exercise. – Bill Toomey
- A retired teacher paid $62,000 towards her pension and nothing, yes nothing, for full family medical, dental and vision coverage over her entire career. What will we pay her? $1.4 million in pension benefits and another $215,000 in health care benefit premiums over her lifetime. – Chris Christie
- And I believe that the best buy in public health today must be a combination of regular physical exercise and a healthy diet. – Julie Bishop