If your diet is dialed
If your diet is dialed in, you can train in a pretty subpar manner and still get passable results. On the other hand, if your training is fantastic but your diet is crap, you have a harder road ahead of you.
– John Romaniello
- You can train and train until you are blue in the face, but you’ve got to diet, you’ve got to have that leanness because if you are not lean, your abs won’t show. Of course, the training has to be put in, but then you’ve to shed all the fat and keep the fat off.
- The circuit training program along with a healthy clean diet is the way to excellent results. – Lee Haney
- When I’m off the road, and I can really control my diet down to the calorie, I juice seven days a week. Every afternoon, whatever I have at hand, beets, carrots, ginger, whatever. I juice, literally, every single day. And on the road, I try to find fresh juice wherever I can. – Henry Rollins
- There is a difference between a fighter and a martial artist. A fighter is training for a purpose: He has a fight. I’m a martial artist. I don’t train for a fight. I train for myself. I’m training all the time. My goal is perfection. But I will never reach perfection. – Georges St-Pierre
- It’s good for your body to have a break. Even when you’re training, you have to have a cheat day every week. The body reacts better to training if you give it intervals of not training, or you relax the diet. – Luke Evans
- To know the road ahead, ask those coming back. – Chinese Proverb
- “A pat on the back is only a few vertebrae removed from a kick in the pants, but is miles ahead in results.” – Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- Time was passing like a hand waving from a train I wanted to be on. I hope you never have to think about anything as much as I think about you. – Jonathan Safran Foer
- A diet that relies heavily on meat production results in higher emissions than a typical vegetarian diet. Different individuals will make different choices. However, the debate about climate change should not be dumbed down to a single slogan, such as ‘give up meat to save the planet.’ – Nicholas Stern
- Then join hand in hand, brave Americans all! By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall. – John Dickinson