Immortals’ was very much a
‘Immortals’ was very much a martial arts based training program – a lot of body weight stuff, very little in the way of actually lifting heavy weights, and a very, very low calorie diet.
– Henry Cavill
- I think it is easier for thinner people to build on a frame once you get lean muscle. I get bored lifting weights at the gym, and it isn’t enough as your body becomes stiff. So I train in different ways such as core training, cardio with weights, playing sports such as tennis, cycling, swimming
- I put on fifteen pounds of muscle, so that was a lot of eating chicken and a high protein, low-carb diet. Also a lot of heavy lifting and a very different kind of training with an ex-navy SEAL guy who wanted to kill me every time I got with him. In a good way. –
- You can train and train until you are blue in the face, but you’ve got to diet, you’ve got to have that leanness because if you are not lean, your abs won’t show. Of course, the training has to be put in, but then you’ve to shed all the fat and keep the fat off.
- It’s good for your body to have a break. Even when you’re training, you have to have a cheat day every week. The body reacts better to training if you give it intervals of not training, or you relax the diet. – Luke Evans
- After working with many nutritionists, reading books, and practicing trial and error on my own body, I have finally found a way to control my weight without deprivation. I call my program ‘Somersizing,’ and Somersizing is not a diet. Diet is a nasty four-letter word that conjures up negative thoughts of sacrifice and obsession and
- The circuit training program along with a healthy clean diet is the way to excellent results. – Lee Haney
- I’ve had weight issues all my life. I’ve been on all the diets: Atkins, liquid protein, Scarsdale diet. Now I go to the gym often. I’m always on the StairMaster, and I do weights. – Hoda Kotb
- There is a difference between a fighter and a martial artist. A fighter is training for a purpose: He has a fight. I’m a martial artist. I don’t train for a fight. I train for myself. I’m training all the time. My goal is perfection. But I will never reach perfection. – Georges St-Pierre
- Instead of trying to increase your metabolism with the goal of losing weight, try to slow your metabolism with a low-calorie, high-nutrient diet for a longer, healthier life. – Joel Fuhrman
- People think that strength is about lifting weights in the gym. It’s more about getting up when you’re knocked down by life. – Ashwin Sanghi