My plant-based diet plus fish
My plant-based diet plus fish is to credit for my low blood pressure, high energy, and robust immunity.
– David H. Murdock
- Excess dietary salt is most notorious for increasing blood pressure. Americans have a 90 percent lifetime probability of developing high blood pressure – so even if your blood pressure is normal now, if you continue to eat the typical American diet, you will be at risk. – Joel Fuhrman
- Exercise your brain and body, keep engaged with work and friends, and feed your brain with a healthy, plant-based diet – as well as knowledge. – David H. Murdock
- Look at the average American diet: ice cream, butter, cheese, whole milk, all this fat. People don’t realize how much of this stuff you get by the end of the day. High blood pressure is from all this high-fat eating. – Jack LaLanne
- For my own health, I thought it was better to eat a plant based diet. I’m going to be 60 soon and I have boundless energy and I feel really good, so I’m all for it. – Ed Begley, Jr.
- The myriad of serious health risks resulting from poor diet include high cholesterol, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke, and even sleep apnea. – Jane Velez-Mitchell
- No pills, not even aspirin, and certainly no supplements ever enter my mouth – everything I need comes from my fish and vegetarian diet, which incorporates many different kinds of fruit and vegetables every week. – David H. Murdock
- I was a vegetarian first. I had high blood pressure at 27, everybody in my family died of cancer, and I knew it was in the food, so I changed my diet. – John Salley
- Polynesian women are known for their long hair, glowing skin, and thick nails. And that comes from the local diet, which is mostly plant based with a little bit of fish and a lot of natural fats and oils. – Nikki Reed
- The modern diet is grossly deficient in hundreds of important plant-derived immunity-building compounds which makes us highly vulnerable to viruses, infections and disease. – Joel Fuhrman
- I still believe that a plant-based diet has tremendous health benefits, but I have incorporated more animal protein into my diet. I found that my body personally got to a point where I needed something more. – Bob Harper