Though I’m vegan and advocate
Though I’m vegan and advocate that others eat a plant-based diet, I know that many people aren’t quite ready to take that step in whole.
– Kathy Freston
- I’m not completely vegan – my diet’s probably about 80 percent plant based, but I do eat some meat. I try to know where everything comes from, though. And all bets are off if my husband and I go to a really great restaurant. – Lauren Bowles
- Most diets would have you cutting things out from your diet; they are about denial and discipline. – Kathy Freston
- The longest-lived people eat a plant-based diet. They eat meat but only as a condiment or a celebration. Nothing they eat has a plastic wrapper. – Dan Buettner
- I’ve never followed a vegan or vegetarian diet in the past, but I think I could do it. It would not be easy. I have worked with nutritionists who have said a vegan diet is not necessarily all positive for your health, because you need nutrients you only find in meats. I believe in a
- I still believe that a plant-based diet has tremendous health benefits, but I have incorporated more animal protein into my diet. I found that my body personally got to a point where I needed something more. – Bob Harper
- Almost as soon as I went vegan, people started telling me that my skin looked great, and that I appeared younger, slimmer, and healthier. I’m convinced that of all the changes I’ve made to my lifestyle, it’s the adoption of a vegan diet that has been best for me – physically, mentally, and certainly spiritually. –
- I’m not perfect, but what’s wonderful about eating a plant-based diet is, I don’t have to be. – Victoria Moran
- For my own health, I thought it was better to eat a plant based diet. I’m going to be 60 soon and I have boundless energy and I feel really good, so I’m all for it. – Ed Begley, Jr.
- I got into being vegan because I was simply looking to benefit from being more compassionate. I have since come to learn that it is an animal-based diet that is responsible for the overwhelming majority of cases of cancer, heart disease, diabetes, obesity, multiple sclerosis, and all kinds of other problems. – Steve-O
- My plant-based diet plus fish is to credit for my low blood pressure, high energy, and robust immunity. – David H. Murdock