I was when my body
I was 17 when my body started changing, and I worried about what I did wrong. I went through a period where I didn’t eat at all. I also had someone who was encouraging me to take diet pills. I pushed myself to the extreme because I woke up one day and had hips – and a butt – and thought, ‘Oh my gosh, I’m getting fat!’
– Shantel VanSanten
- At one point, I even thought, ‘Oh, I’ll take diet pills.’ I tried it for one day, and I thought my heart was going to explode. It’s awful, and I would never, ever recommend it. – Jenna Ushkowitz
- It’s never been an issue for me – I don’t want to go on a diet, I don’t want to eat a Caesar salad with no dressing, why would I do that? I ain’t got time for this, just be happy and don’t be stupid. If I’ve got a boyfriend and he loves my body
- I started out doing commercials, like Diet Coke and Pizza Hut. And I started to find there was a different life for me, in a different field. From there, I got a call from a director in Italy, and we did ‘Indio’ I and II, and that’s where it started. – Marvin Hagler
- The idea behind diet confusion is, you have to keep your body off-kilter. So by changing the type of foods that you eat, the frequency of the foods that you eat, you can keep your metabolism revved up. – Ian K. Smith
- You know my dad pushed me to believe that I was going to be the best. I just never thought of life without tennis, even looking forward. – Andre Agassi
- We would be driving down the street in a place like Zaire, now the Democratic Republic of Congo, and started to see, my gosh, the only people that have shoes are men. Why does that woman have a baby in her belly and one on her back, and she’s carrying a huge load of bananas?
- When someone tells me the is only one way to do things, it always lights a fire under my butt. My instant reaction is, I’m gonna prove you wrong. – Picabo Street
- I told my doctor I get very tired when I go on a diet, so he gave me pep pills. Know what happened? I ate faster. – Joe E. Lewis
- I don’t have everything I want, but I do have all I need. I woke up with some aches and pains, but I woke up. My life may not be perfect, but I am blessed.
- Times were changing. Clothes were changing. Morals were changing. We went from romantic loves songs like I used to do to rock ‘n roll. Now that has changed to rap. So, there’s always a new generation with new music. – Bobby Vinton