You can train and train
You can train and train until you are blue in the face, but you’ve got to diet, you’ve got to have that leanness because if you are not lean, your abs won’t show. Of course, the training has to be put in, but then you’ve to shed all the fat and keep the fat off. And that’s how you get an eight pack.
– Henry Cavill
- ‘Immortals’ was very much a martial arts based training program – a lot of body weight stuff, very little in the way of actually lifting heavy weights, and a very, very low calorie diet. – Henry Cavill
- If your diet is dialed in, you can train in a pretty subpar manner and still get passable results. On the other hand, if your training is fantastic but your diet is crap, you have a harder road ahead of you. – John Romaniello
- I think it is easier for thinner people to build on a frame once you get lean muscle. I get bored lifting weights at the gym, and it isn’t enough as your body becomes stiff. So I train in different ways such as core training, cardio with weights, playing sports such as tennis, cycling, swimming
- There is a difference between a fighter and a martial artist. A fighter is training for a purpose: He has a fight. I’m a martial artist. I don’t train for a fight. I train for myself. I’m training all the time. My goal is perfection. But I will never reach perfection. – Georges St-Pierre
- Statistics are like lampposts: they are good to lean on, but they don’t shed much light. – Storm P
- It’s good for your body to have a break. Even when you’re training, you have to have a cheat day every week. The body reacts better to training if you give it intervals of not training, or you relax the diet. – Luke Evans
- You might as well fall flat on your face as lean over too far backward. – James Thurber
- We can train a monkey to fly a jet but we can’t train a man to be humble.
- The politicians were talking themselves red, white and blue in the face. – Clare Boothe Luce
- My interesting diet tips are eat early and don’t nosh between meals. I mean, I can pack it away. – Carol Burnett