As the daughter of a 25-year veteran of the armed forces, I am incredibly thankful for the sacrifices our women and men have made in Iraq, and continue to make in Afghanistan.
– Barbara Lee
- The U.S. Armed Forces are the best trained, best equipped fighting forces in the world. – Jim Walsh
- I can’t find a person without some link to the armed forces! – Robyn Carr
- From the bitter cold winter at Valley Forge, to the mountains of Afghanistan and the deserts of Iraq, our soldiers have courageously answered when called, gone where ordered, and defended our nation with honor. – Solomon Ortiz
- The president of the Arab Republic of Egypt is the commander of the armed forces, full stop. – Mohammed Morsi
- Having grown up in a military family, I know that politics should have no role in determining who is best qualified to lead our armed forces. – Ron Barber
- The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul and a new nose; new feet, a new backbone, new ears, and new eyes. Unless a particular man made New Year resolutions, he would make no resolutions. Unless a man starts
- It is a significant gamble to assume that troops in our U.K. Armed Forces would volunteer for a Scottish Defence Force. – Philip Hammond
- Word to the Nation: Guard zealously your right to serve in the Armed Forces, for without them, there will be no other rights to guard. – John F. Kennedy
- Why don’t women have respect for themselves nowadays? What happen to the woman who learned her grandmama’s recipes and made her man sweet potato pie? I tell you, they don’t make ’em like they used to. Will my real women stand up, please? – Brandon T. Jackson
- I don’t feel I made any sacrifices at all. I’m doing my best to juggle.