I had to get over
“I had to get over [him]. For months now, a stone had been sitting on my heart. I’d shed a lot of tears over [him], lost a lot of sleep, eaten a lot of cake batter. Somehow, I had to move on. [Life] would be hell if I didn’t shake loose from the grip he had on my heart. I most definitely didn’t want to keep feeling this way, alone in a love affair meant for two. Even if he’d felt like The One. Even if I’d always thought we’d end up together. Even if he still had a choke chain on my heart.”
– Kristan Higgins
- I’m very crafty! One time I made a television set out of a cardboard box – Everybody thought it was a lark! This was the beginning of a love affair with the arts. – Emma Watson
- Golf is like a love affair. If you don’t take it seriously, it’s no fun; if you do take it seriously, it breaks your heart. – Arthur Daley
- “He gave her a quick, casual kiss on the cheek first. Then came the hug, and it was the hug that always made Laurel’s heart mush. Serious grip, cheek to the hair, eyes closed, just a little sway. Del’s hugs mattered, she thought, and made him impossible to resist.” – Nora Roberts
- Love isn’t a decision. It’s a feeling. If we could decide who we loved, it would be much simpler, but much less magical. – Trey Parker and Matt Stone
- I thought about tennis. But the more I thought about the whole thing – lessons, equipment, going to the courts – I said screw it, I’m just going to go buy a pair of sneakers and go running. – Biz Stone
- I love how we chill over conversation, I’m dealing with this feeling of infatuation. Pacing, I don’t wanna force the situation. I’m waiting for you to make a move with no hesitation.
- Never loose an opportunity… if u loose it,u loose a good chance of ur life which will never be back as an opportunity…..think on it..
- “Jesus tends to his people individually. He personally sees to our needs. We all receive Jesus’ touch. We experience his care.” – Max Lucado, Experiencing the Heart of Jesus Workbook: Knowing His Heart, Feeling His Love
- I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travels sake. The great affair is to move. – Robert Louis Stevenson
- Life for me has been exactly what I thought it would be, a cake, which I have eaten and had too. – Margaret Anderson