Many French directors having now
Many French directors, having now realised there was no more real criticism, that the standards of the past have gone, are very offended about the quality of film criticism.
– Wim Wenders
- I have offended God and mankind because my work didn’t reach the quality it should have. – Leonardo Da Vinci
- All in all, I’d like to venture into film. Films are my staple diet, so I would love to be part of a feature film, independent film… it all just depends on the story and the people behind it, really. – Tom Weston-Jones
- There are some people who have the quality of richness and joy in them and they communicate it to everything they touch. It is first of all a physical quality; then it is a quality of the spirit. – Tom Wolfe
- Contentment or Happiness derived from material object is nothing but a false belief with fades off as fast as it is felt. Real Happiness comes from within, as it is the soul that possesses the quality of happiness. Doing good unto others, being true to self, loving all life forms… That is what actually brings Real Happiness.
- It’ll be the Internet and piracy that will kill film. There’s a philosophy that the Internet should be free, but the reality is that piracy will destroy the film industry and film as an art form because it’s expensive to make a movie. Maybe you’ll have funky little independent movies, and it’ll go back and
- The quality of a painter depends on the amount of past he carries with him. – Pablo Picasso
- As the winter set in with its customary Canadian severity the real trouble of the French began. They did not suffer from the cold, but they were dying of scurvy. – Harry Johnston
- Live theater provides a rush you can’t get in film or television. But it is the TV and film work that offers the leisure to go off and do a play. – Raymond Cruz
- Cinema is a worldwide phenomenon. – Wim Wenders
- “It’s far easier to write why something is terrible than why it’s good. If you’re reviewing a film and you decide “This is a movie I don’t like,” basically you can take every element of the film and find the obvious flaw, or argue that it seems ridiculous, or like a parody of itself, or