Commuters give the city its tidal restlessness, natives give it solidity and continuity, but the settlers give it passion.
– E. B. White
- Political language. . . is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind. – George Orwell
- The secret to the city is integration. Every area of the city should combine work, leisure and culture. Separate these functions and parts of the city die. – Jaime Lerner
- Marihuana influences Negroes to look at white people in the eye, step on white men’s shadows and look at a white woman twice. – Hearst Proverb
- Give me that man That is not passion’s slave. – William Shakespeare
- Volleyball is 90% Heart, 10% Skill, and 10% Passion. You ALWAYS give 110%!!!! No matter what!
- The snow doesn’t give a soft white damn whom it touches. – e.e. cummings
- The sea has never been friendly to man. At most it has been the accomplice of human restlessness. – Joseph Conrad
- Restlessness and discontent are the first necessities of progress. – Thomas A. Edison
- There is no foreground or background, only a continuity of interlacing relationships. – Lyonel Feininger
- AIDS can destroy a family if you let it, but luckily for my sister and me, Mom taught us to keep going. Don’t give up, be proud of who you are, and never feel sorry for yourself. – Ryan White