People say I don’t write books, I make Christmas presents.
– Bryce Courtenay
- Pride is holding your head up when everyone around you has theirs bowed. Courage is what makes you do it. – Bryce Courtenay
- Pornography, opening your presents Christmas morning rather than Christmas. – Kevin Costner
- “I felt overstuffed and dull and disappointed, the way I always do the day after Christmas, as if whatever it was the pine boughs and the candles and the silver and gilt-ribboned presents and the birch-log fires and the Christmas turkey and the carols at the piano promised never came to pass.” – Sylvia
- God Made Christmas Happen Friends Make Christmas Beautiful Music Makes Christmas Festive Giving Makes Christmas Joyous. Love Makes Christmas Complete…. – William Arthur Ward
- If I loved all the world as I do you, I shouldn’t write books to it: I should only write letters to it, and that would be only a clumsy stage on the way to entire telepathy. – Laurence Housman
- The Magic of Christmas is not in the Presents but in His Presence.
- Basically, particularly in Britain, it’s a hegemonic thing that people who write tend to come from the leisure classes. They can afford the time and the books. – Irvine Welsh
- Love Is What’s In The Room With You At Christmas If You Stop Opening Presents And Listen.
- I love Christmas, not just because of the presents but because of all the decorations and lights and the warmth of the season. – Ashley Tisdale
- I am a book reviewer. I write for a glossy magazine called ‘SCI FI.’ The money is not life-changing, but it’s a low-stress gig. Publishers send me their books. More than I could possibly read. I pick a few and write about them, put a very few others on the shelf, to be perused at