There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One is roots; the other, wings.
– Hodding Carter
- There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One is roots; the other, wings. – Hodding Carter
- There are two lasting bequests we can give our children. One is roots. The other is wings. – Hodding Carter, Jr.
- Two of the greatest gifts we can give our children are roots and wings. – Hodding Carter
- The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence. – Denis Waitley
- I have tried to keep on with my striving because this is the only hope I have of ever achieving anything worthwhile and lasting. – Arthur Ashe
- We want to create hope for the person. we must give hope, always hope. – Mother Teresa
- But that won’t give me a free hand to hold the beer. – Billy Carter
- Suns may set and rise again: for us, when our brief light has set, there’s the sleep of one ever lasting night. Give me a thousand kisses. – Caius Valerius
- True hope is swift, and flies with swallow’s wings. – William Shakespeare
- Small children give you headache; big children heartache. – Russian Proverb