Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.
- Children have never been good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them. – James Baldwin
- Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them. – James A. Baldwin
- Healthy children will not fear life if their elders have integrity enough not to fear death. – Erik Erikson Dr.
- A return to first principles in a republic is sometimes caused by the simple virtues of one man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. – Niccolo Machiavelli
- A good composer does not imitate; he steals. – Igor Stravinsky
- A best friend shares the good times and help you out by listening during the bad times. – Anonymous
- I failed the LSAT. Basically, if I had not failed, I’d have been a lawyer and there would be no Spanx. I think failure is nothing more than life’s way of nudging you that you are off course. My attitude to failure is not attached to outcome, but in not trying. It is liberating. – Sara
- If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. – Confucius
- I was always taught to respect my elders and I’ve now reached the age when I don’t have anybody to respect. – Anonymous
- My success was due to good luck, hard work, and support and advice from friends and mentors. But most importantly, it depended on me to keep trying after I had failed. – Mark Warner