I am no bird; and no net ensnares me; I am a free human being with an independent will.
– Charlotte Bronte
- You know full well as I do the value of sisters’ affections: There is nothing like it in this world. – Charlotte Bronte
- I try to avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward. – Charlotte Bronte
- Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation. – Charlotte Bronte
- If we would build on a sure foundation in friendship, we must love friends for their sake rather than for our own. – Charlotte Bronte
- Life appears to me too short to be spent in nursing animosity, or registering wrongs. – Charlotte Bronte
- When I was a little kid, of course, I was brown all summer. That’s because I was free as a bird- nothing to do but catch bugs all day. – Roy Blount Jr.
- It’ll be the Internet and piracy that will kill film. There’s a philosophy that the Internet should be free, but the reality is that piracy will destroy the film industry and film as an art form because it’s expensive to make a movie. Maybe you’ll have funky little independent movies, and it’ll go back and
- A bird in hand is a certainty. But a bird in the bush may sing. – Bret Harte
- A bird in the hand is a certainty, but a bird in the bush may sing. – Bret Harte
- Give me enough variables to work with, and I can probably do away with the notion of human free will. – Demi