Almost all absurdity of conduct arises from the imitation of those whom we cannot resemble.
– Samuel Johnson
- All intellectual improvement arises from leisure. – Samuel Johnson
- Basically, at the very bottom of life, which seduces us all, there is only absurdity, and more absurdity. And maybe that’s what gives us our joy for living, because the only thing that can defeat absurdity is lucidity. – Albert Camus
- “Absurdity and anti—absurdity are the two poles of creative energy.” – Karl Lagerfeld
- Prosperity is too apt to prevent us from examining our conduct, but adversity leads us to think properly of our state, and so is most beneficial to us. – Johnson
- A man may be so much of everything that he is nothing of anything. – Samuel Johnson
- “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.” – Samuel Johnson
- Round numbers are always false. – Samuel Johnson
- Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel. – Samuel Johnson
- A man used to vicissitudes is not easily dejected. – Samuel Johnson
- Nothing will ever be attempted, if all possible objections must be first overcome. – Samuel Johnson
Comments are closed.