You don’t play against opponents. You play against the game of basketball.
– Bobby Knight
- All of us learn to write by the second grade, then most of us go on to other things. – Bobby Knight
- Forget your opponents; always play against par. – Sam Snead
- Our game is tighter than our spandex attack v. To set upon the ball with such a force that your opponents go home crying to mommy.
- If the NBA were on channel 5 and a bunch of frogs making love were on channel 4, I’d watch the frogs, even if they were coming in fuzzy. – Bobby Knight
- “They are playing a game. They are playing at not playing a game. If I show them I see they are, I shall break the rules and they will punish me. I must play their game, of not seeing I see the game” – R.D. Laing
- We look for opportunities to play together including basketball, tennis, swimming, riding bikes and touch football. I try to provide a loving environment where we can play. I think that’s good on so many levels – emotionally, for family interactions and, of course, physically. – Alan Thicke
- Life is a game. We must keep playing the game. The more we play, the more we will understand the game of life. – Lailah Gifty Akita
- Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course – the distance between your ears. – Bobby Jones
- The game of basketball has been everything to me. My place of refuge, place I’ve always gone where I needed comfort and peace. It’s been the site of intense pain and the most intense feelings of joy and satisfaction. It’s a relationship that has evolved over time, given me the greatest respect and love for
- Life is game. Never fear to play the game. – Lailah Gifty Akita