You gotta be a man to play baseball for a living, but you gotta have a lot of little boy in you, too.
– Roy Campanella
- You gotta be a man to play baseball for a living, but you gotta have a lot of little boy in you, too. – Roy Campanella
- Baseball is an allegorical play about America, a poetic, complex, and subtle play of courage, fear, good luck, mistakes, patience about fate, and sober self-esteem. – Saul Steinberg
- The content and thematic materials of dance is, of itself, like boxing. You play tennis and baseball. But boxing is not a sport you play: you stand up and do it. – Twyla Tharp
- Bump, Set , Spike!Yeah thats right I play like a girl gotta problem with that.
- Sometimes you just gotta be your own hero and save your own little heart. Because sometimes the people you can’t imagine living with, can actually live without you.
- True love is like a pair of socks: you gotta have two and they’ve gotta match. – Anonymous
- Baseball is a fun game. It beats working for a living. – Phil Linz
- Baseball is a game dominated by vital ghosts; it’s a fraternity, like no other we have of the active and the no longer so, the living and the dead. – Richard Gilman
- Every player should be accorded the privilege of at least one season with the Chicago Cubs. That’s baseball as it should be played – in God’s own sunshine. And that’s really living. – Alvin Dark
- My mother used to say, ‘You gotta exercise.’ She would really pound on me to exercise every day. She was very physically fit; she was on the basketball team in high school in St. Louis in the 1920s, when women didn’t do that. And she taught me to play tennis, taught me to walk and