If there is a single
If there is a single quality that is shared by all great men, it is vanity. But I mean by “vanity” only that they appreciate their own worth. Without this kind of vanity they would not be great. And with vanity alone, of course, a man is nothing.
– Yousef Karsh
- The quality of a university is measured more by the kind of student it turns out than the kind it takes in. – Robert J. Kibbee
- What is the single most important quality in a tennis champion? I would have to say desire, staying in there and winning matches when you are not playing that well. – John McEnroe
- Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened.Happiness never decreases by being shared. – Buddha
- There are some people who have the quality of richness and joy in them and they communicate it to everything they touch. It is first of all a physical quality; then it is a quality of the spirit. – Tom Wolfe
- The herd seek out the great, not for their sake but for their influence; and the great welcome them out of vanity or need. – Napoleon Bonaparte
- Shared joys make a friend, not shared sufferings. – Friedrich Nietzsche
- Flattery is a kind of bad money, to which our vanity gives us currency. – Francois Rochefoucauld
- Flattery is a kind of bad money, to which our vanity gives us currency. – Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- Self-confidence is the most attractive quality a person can have. How can anyone see how great you are if you can’t see it yourself?
- A single conversation across the table with a wise man is worth a month’s study of books. – Chinese Proverb