This is why YOU were chosen. Because the strong man who has known power all his life
“This is why YOU were chosen. Because the strong man who has known power all his life, may lose respect for that power, but a weak man knows the value of strength, and knows… compassion. Whatever happens tomorrow, you must promise me one thing. That you will stay who you are, not a perfect soldier, but a good man.
-Abraham Erskine, Captain America: The First Avenger
- I was really sad after ‘The Avengers’ when I realized I was not going to have a part in ‘Thor 2’ or ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier.’ But I’m not arguing with my fantastic plane and my really cool car. – Clark Gregg
- “I saw ‘Captain America’ in 3D. It’s cool. I liked the beginning. It’s a really good setup.” – Theo James
- What the people want is very simple. They want an America as good as its promise. – Anonymous
- What the people want is very simple. They want an America as good as its promise. – Barbara Jordan
- “I didn’t marry you because you were perfect. I didn’t even marry you because I loved you. I married you because you gave me a promise. That promise made up for your faults. And the promise I gave you made up for mine. Two imperfect people got married and it was the promise that made
- “…It is a proud privilege to be a soldier – a good soldier … [with] discipline, self-respect, pride in his unit and his country, a high sense of duty and obligation to comrades and to his superiors, and a self confidence born of demonstrated ability.” – George S. Patton Jr.
- Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing. – John Erskine
- I can’t promise anything, but I promise 100%. – Paul Power
- The more perfect a thing is, the more susceptible to good and bad treatment it is. – Dante
- I have never had so many good ideas day after day as when I worked in the garden. – John Erskine