Absence and death are the
Absence and death are the same only that in death there is no suffering.
– Walter S. Landor
- We are no longer happy so soon as we wish to be happier. – Walter Savage Landor
- A man’s vanity tells him what is honor, a man’s conscience what is justice. – Walter Savage Landor
- And about her courts were seen Liveried angels robed in green, Wearing, by St Patrick’s bounty, Emeralds big as half the county. – Walter Savage Landor
- Absence from whom we love is worse than death. – William Cowper
- Absence from whom we love is worse than death, and frustrates hope severer than despair. – William Cowper
- My younger brother’s death in Vietnam was both sobering and cause for reflection. In ‘Fallen Angels’ I wanted to dispel the notion of war as either romantic or simplistically heroic. – Walter Dean Myers
- Does absence make the heart grow fonder. Or more comfortable with the absence ?
- But the absence of tears wasn’t the same as an absence of feeling. – Lisa Kleypas
- Death As a dark Shadow Beckons his prey Into the unknown By a soft whisper In the soul CINDY CHENEY, “Death” We sometimes congratulate ourselves at the moment of waking from a troubled dream: it may be so the moment after death. – NATHANIEL HAWTHORNE
- If in our anger, we realize the other person is suffering, we can free ourselves from anger and from suffering, which also helps free the other. – Unknown